Standard dialogs not showing

Look here if you need help setting CADEMIA up

Standard dialogs not showing

Postby gcvr » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 am

I installed version Cape Town on Windows XP, and I experience the problem that none of the standard dialogs are showing. For example, if I do "File / Save as", no filechooser dialog appears. I can type a file name in the command line, and it works, but obviously the filechooser is required. All other types of dialogs are also missing. Any advice/help will be appreciated.
Gert.

PS: Actually I wanted to report this under "bugs", but that part of the forum is "locked". Is there a reason why its locked?
gcvr

Re: Standard dialogs not showing

Postby lombego » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Gert,

regarding your post -->
gcvr wrote:PS: Actually I wanted to report this under "bugs", but that part of the forum is "locked". Is there a reason why its locked?

The reason is that we have installed a bugtracker tool where bugs can be reported to. You can find it at http://www.cademia.org/bugtracker/.
In the description to this part of the forum we point out, that all bugs should be reported to the bugtracker since we believe they can be handled much better that way.

Regards,
Peter
lombego
Site Admin

Postby bf » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Gert,

CADEMIA stores the location of standard dialogs in the user's cademia.ini file. An explanation for the behaviour on your machine could be that the coordinates stored there are corrupted.

You can check this by removing or renaming your cademia.ini file and starting CADEMIA again. Please note that you loose all your personal preferences and defaults by this! If CADEMIA starts then it would be very interesting to see the contents of the ini-file.

Best regards,
Bert.
Berthold Firmenich
bf

Postby gcvr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 am

Hi Bert,

Here is the contents of the original .ini file (the one in use when the problem occurs):
#CADEMIA
#Thu Feb 07 08:29:34 GMT+02:00 2008
DigStyle=1
Kernel.DialogCADEMIA-files\ (*.cademia,\ *.CADEMIA)=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\gcvr\\My Documents
FeatureDialogMinimizable=false
FeatureDialogPreview=true
Kernel.Dialogcademia-files\ (*.cademia)=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\gcvr\\My Documents
Kernel.DialogPlugins\ (*.cademia_plugin)=C\:\\Program Files\\Cademia\\plugins\\CADEMIA_HELP_1.0
FeatureDialogLocation=77 406
SHOW_BUILDING_SETTINGS_AT_START=true
Kernel.DialogY=-31872
FeatureDialogSize=260 353
Kernel.DialogX=-31996

After removing this file a new .ini file was created with contents:
#CADEMIA
#Mon Feb 11 10:02:44 GMT+02:00 2008
DigStyle=2
Kernel.DialogPlugins\ (*.cademia_plugin)=C\:\\Program Files\\Cademia\\plugins\\CADEMIA_HELP_1.0
Kernel.DialogY=251
Kernel.DialogX=179

It is clear that the dialog positions in the original file is corrupt. I don't know how this happened, since the dialogs were invisible right from the start.

With the second file it works fine.

Best regards,

Gert.
gcvr

Postby bf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:39 am

Hi Gert,

CADEMIA 1.5 has been changed to deal with the problem you were facing. If a negative coordinate is read back from CADEMIA.INI then the position of the dialog is set to the origin.

Best regards,

Bert.
Berthold Firmenich
bf

Return to Installation