Drag with left mouse button pressed
Drag & Drop begins when the mouse is moved while holding the left button.
The operation moves either control points or the picture:
When dragging control points, different operating modes can be distinguished.
The operations are applied to the selected components or, if specified, to their clones.
- Drag control: If the mouse is inside a control point of a
selected component, then drag and drop refers to this point and possibly
other selected components.
- Drag view: If the mouse is outside the control points of
selected components, the view will move (pan).
The mode of operation can be controlled by the
preferences or the context
- Move component: Move selected components or their
- Move point: Move selected control points.
- Offset: Move selected segments or their clones in an
- Extend: Extend or trim segments.